- Quad-Band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz – could work on GSM networks in all countries around the world, work with Uno Mega; only works for 2G networks
- Embedded TCP / UDP stack – allows you to upload data to a Web server | RTC supported | selectable serial port | Jac speakers and headphones
- Note: This is a new version (64M version), SMS support MMS: Multimedia message and Short Message Service – so it is possible to send small amounts of data over the network (ASCII or raw hexadecimal)
- The shield allows you to get SMS, MMS, GPRS and audio via UART by sending AT commands (GSM 07.07, 07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced to commands). The shield also has the 12 GPIOs, 2 PWMs and an ADC of the SIM900 module (They are all 2V8 logic) present on board.
- Application: M2M (Machine 2 Machine) Applications.Remote control of appliances.Remote Weather Station or Wireless Sensor Network.Vehicle tracking system with a GPS module.Good to learn GSM / GPRS mobile phone development, control development of remote equipment, wireless meter reading, smart appliances, ultra long distance control, etc.